Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Random Thoughts

My day job prevents me from typing up a long and interesting blog post everyday but today I am taking a minute to write a few words.

I do not have a human child, I have one of the canine variety but I love him more than anything in this world. He brings me joy and happiness every day and there are days that I feel guilty for not spending more time with him. I would like to take him to work, but it is not allowed. He is too big to fit in a bag, or a papoose to take to the grocery store or mall. He is kind of small and timid to go to the dog park, although we have tried on a couple of occasions. He does love riding in the car, sitting on the front porch, and walking to West End's Grace Court to sit on his favorite bench.

I came across the His Dogness blog today. It tells of a man and his love for his dog, who he recently lost. I think that it would be nice to have an obituary section in the paper for pets. Many of us think of our pets as family and I think that people may want to read about that kind of love. Maybe a blog would be better for this kind of thing, but I think it is a good idea.

OK, that's all for now. I may be back later.

3 comments:

  1. Are you hosta babies doing OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are coming along quite well. One of these weekends I am have to tame the rest of the "yard."

    Thank you for giving them to me. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea, and I bet it would be tremendously popular, too. Pets are every bit 'family'... When I've lost one, I've taken the day off work to grieve and attend to funerary needs. We really should (as a society) honor that connection a bit more...

    ReplyDelete