Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Halloween Costumes

Joe and I are going to a Halloween Party on Saturday night, where costumes are required. I have not been a big fan of dressing up as an adult since Halloween 1990. My friends wanted to go to a frat party where costumes were also required. I did not feel well and told my friends to go without me. I put on my pajamas and crawled into bed with what felt like a fever and pain in my side. These girls did not take no for an answer, so at 10pm, I went to the party in my pajamas. People asked me about my pajama "costume" and I said that I was dressed as someone who wishes she was home in bed. The pain increased and I ended up collapsing at the party. A few people thought I had partaken in too much punch, but I convinced a designated driver to take me to the infirmary. It was transported to the hospital soon after. My appendix was removed shorty after 2am.


A couple of years ago, a friend asked if I would dress up and go to a filming of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I had braces at the time so I decided that I would dress as Ugly Betty. The clothes came from Goodwill and the wig from a party store. Total price for the costume, $5,012. ($5,000 was for the braces.) We had a good time and it fit my criteria for a costume: comfort, functional, inexpensive, and a little bit fun.
This year's costume idea came to me after watching TV last night. The costume falls into the above criteria and Joe and Windsor can get in on the act.
Pictures to follow...

1 comment: